• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S4 to Metro Release Date?

If I were to guess, this would be my assumption as well.

Everywhere I've seen, Metro PCS isn't even listed as a potential carrier for the S4.

I heard Boost mobiles new ad on the radio the other day and while I cant remember exactly what it said I do remember that they were saying something to the effect of " We are picking up the Metro PCS users that don't want to be forced to T mobile" or something like that. As if T mobile is bad or something lmao. Cause Wimax is sooooooo much better than HSPA+ 42. Give me a break. It's not like +42 is faster than Verizon's LTE or anything.

Is that the one where they say metro piece of **** every 10 seconds?

Upvote 0
Really considering a carrier switch-this Esteem is still kicking but I deserve a major upgrade:D
Why don't you think its coming to metro Shabby:thinking:

every where i can find says 7 us carriers to get it and not one is metropcs. in fact i cant even find much to suggest they will be getting the sgs4. the fcc filings show a device went through not that it was the sgs4. anyone else remember the sgs1 and teh indulge?

How well does T mobile's coverage look in your neck of the woods?

I personally think that T mobile/Straight Talk/Simple has the best options available. Plus the fact that you can get a N4 for $299? Pfffff. That extra $200 for a S3 or S4 just doesn't justify the price gap to me.

But I'm also not a gimmicky person that likes all the little do dads and gimmicks either. Straight Vanilla yo. lol :D

im still on sprint (they wont let me go :O) when they finally kick me off ill be going to tmobile prepaid myself as i have a busted up g2 to use. i entered a few contests to try and win a newer devices. hopefully win one but then ill have to go straighttalk/net10 with att route :/

Upvote 0
boost now uses sprints LTE network, but yea i dont believe the sgs4 is coming to metropcs at all.

Yeah they have a couple that do but I don't think they have Wimax antennas so unless you're in one of the handful of places that has Sprint's LTE you'll be stuck on their horribly slow 3G. I know here in the NYC/North Jersey market there is only Wimax. I work on a property that has both Sprint and TMobile towers and I can say Sprint hasn't started any work upgrading their tower beyond sending some guys out to see what equipment exactly the have there (Clearwire, Nextel, etc) I'm amazed they have no clue what equipment is in their doghouse. Early last year they told us they would be bringing in equipment and workers in July 2012 and it still has yet to happen. Meanwhile, TMobile sent a couple of guys out last month to go over some plans and this week they had a full crew installing the new antenna arrays and equipment. The LTE switch is ready to be flipped when they announce NYC. And their HSPA+ is very fast. Guys at my job with TMo are seeing 17mbps down and 2mbps up

Upvote 0
every where i can find says 7 us carriers to get it and not one is metropcs. in fact i cant even find much to suggest they will be getting the sgs4. the fcc filings show a device went through not that it was the sgs4. anyone else remember the sgs1 and teh indulge?

im still on sprint (they wont let me go :O) when they finally kick me off ill be going to tmobile prepaid myself as i have a busted up g2 to use. i entered a few contests to try and win a newer devices. hopefully win one but then ill have to go straighttalk/net10 with att route :/

Yeah I saw the 7 carriers thing too. None of which were Metro.

Yeah it took me a long time to leave Metro and after I did I was mad I didn't do it sooner. I was just oblivious to what else was out there and honestly my own ignorance is what kept me from leaving.

If Metro would have released the S3 on time then I never would have left. The only reason I left was because I wanted the S3 and got tired of Metro's BS. After I left I checked the play store and couldn't believe how much the Gnex had come down in price. I honestly felt like an idiot for staying with Metro for so long after I got settled in and saw the data speeds I was getting for the price I was paying. Smdh.

But luckily I'm in a great T mobile coverage area so therefore I'm able to get 20-25mbps at $40 a month on a N4. Almost sounds like I'm lying because it's so absurd. :p

Upvote 0
Is that the one where they say metro piece of **** every 10 seconds?

Hahaha. Yeah basically. Making it sound like T mobile was so bad. Like seriously? Did they forget they used Sprint's awful network and T mobile uses their fast ass network? I honestly don't see how Boost is still in business considering all the other companies out there and the MVNO's that are under cutting them like whoa.

Side note, anyone see the Verizon petition? That jackass CEO said "If our customers want no contracts then we will seriously consider it".

Well, they started a petition. Some 75k the last I saw it. I'm sure it's well over 100k by now. LMAO.

Like I said, just a matter of time before contracts take a back seat to pre paid. Pre paid is taking over and people are waking up. That $120 phone bill every month hurts in this ishy economy.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Just be patient and wait a few months Fuzzy.

Just as soon as We All get latched onto that T-Mo teat we'll get those speeds down to where they belong! :D

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I really hope so.

I'm still reserved on the whole thing honestly. I still don't think Metro customers are gonna walk away happy when it's all said and done. I hope for the customers sake they do but I just don't know. :/

Upvote 0
I really hope so.

I'm still reserved on the whole thing honestly. I still don't think Metro customers are gonna walk away happy when it's all said and done. I hope for the customers sake they do but I just don't know. :/
I think it will depend on your coverage, here in jacksonville fl metro 4g is fairly prevalent though not as fast as t mobiles hspa+. So what I think will happen, hope to happen, is when t mobile gets LTE rolled out here and the merger gets though metro customers can expect the spectrum to double, or even triple.

I think I seen a chart that showed what t mobile and metro's combined spectrum would be in many major cities, Jacksonville fl looks to be getting 40mhz.

Upvote 0
What I read is tmobile is only releasing lte for those who has the s4 even the s3 from tmobile won't even get there 4g lte that sucks.....
The S3 that tmobile originally released just doesn't have an LTE radio they didn't put an LTE radio because at the time they had no plans for LTE, they were thinking of upgrading to HSPA+84. That's why theyre supposed to release a LTE S3 soon.

They already have 4 LTE phones with another soon to come and they just started rolling out LTE 3/26

Upvote 0
What I read is tmobile is only releasing lte for those who has the s4 even the s3 from tmobile won't even get there 4g lte that sucks.....
T- mobile note 2 has lte they released a software update to enable it, Also unofficially the nexus 4 has lte and with simple software settings user can enable it.

though after googles update to 4.2.2 the process is slightly more difficult but still very easy.

I am not sure which other t mobile phones will get lte right now, but several of the att phones that have lte in the AWS band will also work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones