• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] S4 TOWELROOTED Nandroid help

Yborcityfl

Lurker
Aug 8, 2014
This may be a simple question to most but my days of attempting to find the answer have not been successful.Sent from my SGH-M919
I just had my S4 rooted w TowelRoot. This is my first rooted Android. I installed titanium pro and have backed up some apps then Uninstalled said bloatware. I have been trying to find out how to do a Nandroid or complete backup so that I can move forward with my learning in safety. If anyone can guide me with the steps to do next I would greatly appreciate it. The videos and info I've seen has not been on point. Thank you

This may be a simple question to most but my days of attempting to find the answer have not been successful.Sent from my SGH-M919
I just had my S4 rooted w TowelRoot. This is my first rooted Android. I installed titanium pro and have backed up some apps then Uninstalled said bloatware. I have been trying to find out how to do a Nandroid or complete backup so that I can move forward with my learning in safety. If anyone can guide me with the steps to do next I would greatly appreciate it. The videos and info I've seen has not been on point. Thank you

You will not be able to do a nandroid unless you are comfortable with tripping the KNOX counter. Cheers!

Upvote 0
I'm not concerned about tripping Knox, I obtained the phone used. I was just looking for guidance as to what app or program I needed to use in order to make a system backup, the steps in sequence, what is the best approach. Since I used TowelRoot it did not delete or wipe my phone. So I assume if I am able to do a complete backup that I would then be able to try a Custom rom and or delete things like ANT without getting the "scary" warning that comes with it. I have Titanium Pro and TWRP on the phone now. Are these programs able to do a complete backup even if it trips Knox? BTW I backed up Knox and deleted it if that matters lol. Thank you very much for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones