• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S6 drops wifi, but only when significant data is streamed.

ahtoxa11

Lurker
Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys. I have not been able to find an answer to this issue in the couple days I devoted to this.

Galaxy S6. Wifi works fine. No issues streaming music, browsing Internet or Facebook.

However, as soon as I try to watch YouTube or netflix, wifi will drop and reconnect constantly - every 15-20 second. The more bandwidth I'm pushing through it, the more often it will disconnect and reconnect. Also, the reconnect is almost instand, with the notifications of wifi disconnect and reconnects always showing one after another.

Again, no problems when browsing weby or streaming music; only when a lot of data is being pushed.

Does not do it with any otherdevice, so the issue seems to be with the phone.

Thoughts? This is aggravating.

Edit, I have read about wifi connectivity issues, but I've not been able to solve my problem yet.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones