• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
samsung has dropped the ball big time with the s6 its not water resistant but im sure they would be an active version which would release a month later which will be water resistant.

I was sucked in by the S5 Sport last July. ... not a chance i will by another Sport or Active. Not one GOOD case, like Lifeproof or OtterBox came out for the S5 Sport, in fact, i just sent my S5 Sport in on my Best Buy insurance, they can't even replace it with an S5 sport. So i got a Best Buy gift card for $799.99 to get another device. I already replaced the sport with another S5, so now i have a gift card and an upgrade to use...

Hopefully OtterBox and Lifeproof will make a waterproof case. I'd love a Lifeproof NÜD case...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was sucked in by the S5 Sport last July. ... not a chance i will by another Sport or Active. Not one GOOD case, like Lifeproof or OtterBox came out for the S5 Sport, in fact, i just sent my S5 Sport in on my Best Buy insurance, they can't even replace it with an S5 sport. So i got a Best Buy gift card for $799.99 to get another device. I already replaced the sport with another S5, so now i have a gift card and an upgrade to use...

Hopefully OtterBox and Lifeproof will make a waterproof case. I'd love a Lifeproof NÜD case...

fair point but id rather have a phone which is water proof than having to put a bulky case on it to make it waterproof, currently for my s5 i am using a bumper case only and a shatterproof screen guard. I have a friend who has the s4 active and cant find a case for it either. Id sacrifice it for getting my phone waterproof though.

Upvote 0
I am thinking about waiting for the rumored S6 Active.... but i am horrible at waiting. Knowing me like i do, I'll get the S6 and an OtterBox or Lifeproof case as soon as it's available. .. then I'll buy the S6 Active as well, only to regret that purchase because no one will make a good waterproof case for the Active. That's kinda what happened to me with the S5 and the S5 Sport...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones