• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Screen goes black!

Money_Mark

Oct 23, 2011
Nor. Cal
So my wifes S7 (AT&T) went black tonight. After about 3 minutes of playing the blame game, we went through some DYI attempts. What was funny was that the Menu and Return buttons on the bottom of the phone were active, the LED was working, I could hear the audio beeps, but just a complete black screen.

After some quick research, a poster suggested power button+volume down button, for 10 seconds. BAM, it went on! Seems to be working fine now but WTF? Why did this happen? I will be taking the phone back to AT&T tomorrow to swap it out with a new one. We pay wayyy too much money for these phones, these things should not be happening. (Still within 14-day period)

MM

I had the same problem last night, I was at a show & took my phone out to mute sounds, but the screen was black & wouldn't wake up. I tried button combinations & was able to restart it, thankfully.

When I got home I did a Google search & it looks like others have encountered this problem; I only got this phone 2 days ago & I was already unsure if I'd keep it, this is leaning me toward not keeping it. I would hope if a lot of people are having this issue that Samsung would have a fix soon, but I'm not crazy about a phone that malfunctions like this after only 2 days.

I'm on t-mobile & have the latest updates installed.

Also found this: http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s7-black-screen-problem/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones