• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Safe 4.4.2 Root or non-Root Wifit Tether for Kyocera Hydro Vibe?

Sothis999

Lurker
Mar 31, 2015
Hello, a lot of the posts in this sub-forum seem quite old, so I am posting to see if there has been any progress in a working safe root for people with Android 4.4.2 and the Kyocera Hydro Vibe (my carrier is Sprint.) The only reason why I want to root is wifi-tethering. As it is now, I use PDANET+ to usb tether and occasionally Bluetooth tether (the latter with disconnection problems), but some of my devices only support wifi or Ethernet connections (video game consoles mostly.) When I am home I use connectify to share internet through my computer's network card, but it would be very convenient to have a WiFi tether. So I have two questions really: is there any working app for WiFi-tethering without root or a safe root for 4.4.2 as of now for this phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones