1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SalesForce for Android?

Last Updated:

1. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if anyone is working on a Sales Force app for Android?

Sure would be nice to help move companies off of those dingleberry bricks...;)

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

3. mintfly

mintfly New Member

We have a web (www.mintfly.com) based app that delivers salesforce.com search/read/edit functionality in the Android/Chrome browser now and we are working on the first native version right now. Send me an email to android(at)cambridgecloudpartners.com if you want to be notified when it's live or included in the beta.

4. ezfilesend

ezfilesend New Member

Actually, I have been waiting for a SalesForce App also.

I just opened up the browser on my Motodroid and logged in. I had to confirm the phone via email, easy and worked.

I am not sure if there is even a need for an app. Works great in the browser!

You can do everything. Looks great on the MotoDroid

Click on the phone it dials. (no auto-logging though), But I do not have that on my laptop anyway.

Click on email, send an email

Click on the address and up pops Google Maps and you can use Navigation from there!

You do have to have an internet connection, but Verizon is everywhere. But I guess you cannot call and surf.

But, I did do this --> went to a task hit close/edit. then hit the phone number, it dialed. I had my headset on and opened the browser back up and typed notes in the task. I hung up the call with my headset. then hit save. My typing was saved!

Actually it is pretty nice and easy.
    Plus it is not a "Lite" Version or a Paid version !!!!

Give it a try, the power of Android comes through. (I used to be Microsoft). The ability to dial and Navigate is just great!

bagoff likes this.
  5. mintfly

mintfly New Member

MintFly has just released the first mobile SalesForce.com application on the Android market. To install, just search for

JDuc likes this.
  6. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

awesome.

My husband is interested in an Android phone. He's currently using a Dingleberry through work which has SalesForce on it.

I'll let him know about this.

Thanks!

7. bagoff

bagoff New Member

I have the Motorola phone and just set it up on the standard browser. I did have to do the verification from the phone which requires access to the e-mail account that salesforce sends a message to. Once I go access clicked on the link and it verified. It has complete functionality unlike MintFly which is limited. So far so good.

8. glacher

glacher New Member

I know Salesforce are working on an App for Android