• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung A54 won't receive calls when wifi is on

Do you have WiFi calling turned on? If you haven't then WiFi should make no difference, but if it is turned on but doesn't work for some reason that could explain this.

Yes, wifi is on. Here is the very strange part---- if wifi is turned off and then back on again, I can receive calls for about three minutes. Then cannot receive calls unless and until the wifi is turned ever so briefly off.

Until recently, the phone worked fine with wifi on or off. I can always make calls, but the malfunction is only with receiving. Have done ALL the troubleshooting.steps, including a network refresh, SIMM cleaning and replace, etc.. The refresh did not eliminate the saved VMs, a problem with earlier models.

The phone is within warranty and after many hours of troubleshooting perhaps it's time for a replacement.

Upvote 0
Never thought of that. Will it erase any of my data?

Yes, a factory reset will erase all your data, so do a backup before doing a factory reset.

Test your phone out after the factory reset, before restoring your data..If it's fine after the factory reset, but if the problem shows it's self after restoring data, you'll know where the issue is.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones