• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Desktop Dock Problem

Hi

Got a Samsung Galaxy S2 (running CM 10.1) and got a second hand Docking Station, the official Samsung ECR-01A2BE

When I connect the SGS2 directly with the USB Cable to the PC it will be recognised and the phone will ask me if i want to change to mass media mode. If I connect the cable to the charging station, it will just recharge, but the connection is never made. I have tried different cables and USB slots on the PC.

Anyone who has experienced this problem as well? It's not a terrible problem as the dock is used for recharging 97% of the time, but if I want to transfer files, I have to recable the setup.

Thanks for any help.

Keep your SAMSUNG i405 close at hand while charging with SAMSUNG's Multimedia Desktop Dock. Your phone remains fully functional and you can download the Desk Home application from the Android Market to enhance the docking experience. Watch movies, listen to music, or enjoy a slide show that you created. Careful, you may never want to leave the office.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones