• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung G S5 power up error (sbl1 partition doesn't exist)t

JTambornini

Lurker
Aug 28, 2017
Hi,
My Galaxy S5 took an unexpected swim the other day, and though the phone is waterproof, the screen is cracked and, after letting the phone dry out, it only seems to be able to enter boot recovery mode. The ability for the phone to power on is somewhat sporadic, though it has been more regular (turning on rather than being unresponsive) a few days later. When it does, text appears on the screen as follows (white text shown as black).

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS
sbl1 partition doesn't exist
ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900P
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T3, R1, A3, P1

SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
UDC START

I've tried to re-flash the firmware using Odin 3.07, 3.09, and 3.12, running as administrator, which fails in two ways: either with the message below (on the phone, with a corresponding message in Odin,

ODIN : flash read failure

ERROR: There is no pit binary.

Or at the Setup Connection stage, which goes like this

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I've swapped USB cables as well and a different battery. Any idea what the problem might be?

Hi,
My Galaxy S5 took an unexpected swim the other day, and though the phone is waterproof, the screen is cracked and, after letting the phone dry out, it only seems to be able to enter boot recovery mode. The ability for the phone to power on is somewhat sporadic, though it has been more regular (turning on rather than being unresponsive) a few days later. When it does, text appears on the screen as follows (white text shown as black).

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS
sbl1 partition doesn't exist
ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900P
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T3, R1, A3, P1

SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
UDC START

I've tried to re-flash the firmware using Odin 3.07, 3.09, and 3.12, running as administrator, which fails in two ways: either with the message below (on the phone, with a corresponding message in Odin,

ERROR: There is no pit binary.

Or at the Setup Connection stage, which goes like this

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I've swapped USB cables as well and a different battery. Any idea what the problem might be?

The Galaxy S5 phone is NOT waterproof, merely water resistant and the crack in the screen has rendered the integrity of even that void I am afraid. See... http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038505/

Reactions: MrJavi and mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones