• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root samsung galaxy ace root

hi guys im new to all this so take it easy on me haha.
i have a samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830 i bought this and it already had build number (gingerbread.xwkpy) kernel version (2.6.35.7-perf-cl561786root@dell128#1) android version 2.3.3
now i have also just bought a 32gb micro card so i can put all my apps on the sd card.i have downloaded and installed the app to sd card and it wont move my apps.HOW DO I ROOT THIS FONE LOL

Reactions: burtJenkins
Best place to get the support and help needed is on your device forum, see below

Samsung Galaxy Ace
Sub-Forums:
subforum_old.gif
Ace - All Things Root

Upvote 0
hi guys im new to all this so take it easy on me haha.
i have a samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830 i bought this and it already had build number (gingerbread.xwkpy) kernel version (2.6.35.7-perf-cl561786root@dell128#1) android version 2.3.3
now i have also just bought a 32gb micro card so i can put all my apps on the sd card.i have downloaded and installed the app to sd card and it wont move my apps.HOW DO I ROOT THIS FONE LOL

Welcome to the forums, Paul. Here's the link to the "Root Guide" for your Ace: http://androidforums.com/ace-all-th...-things-root-guide-updated-24-dec-2012-a.html

As you can see, I've moved your thread to the Ace All Things Root area for you.

In that Root Guide you'll find detaled instructions on how to root the Ace. Please post your progress and any queries you have as things go along if need be. :)

Upvote 0
OK, I've followed the 1st 2 parts of this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1552792 i.e. rooting and install clockwork recovery. I have the super-user icon and have run 'root checker' ad it tells me I have full root access. However nowhere on the phone can I find any mention of CWR and the only difference to my phone is that when I turn it on (before I swipe to open) I have two digital clocks instead of one. Where do I go from here please. PS all apps are still unmoveable.

Upvote 0
Stop whatever you are doing and start reading, CWR is not an application that you will find in your apps drawer, its a custom recovery, it replaced your old yellow colored stock recovery with the new clockworkmod recovery, it gives you a lot more options than the stock.
Boot into the recovery and you will see the change.

You have 2 digital clocks? i don't know what you are talking about, rooting does not have any effect on your system settings or personalisation settings, it only grants root access, the superuser is flashed along the root so as to make sure no unwanted app takes advantage of root access without your permission, thats it.
And flashing CWM also does not affects your settings, it might install a clockworkmod manager app so as to use recovery without booting into it, but that's only if the developer has put it in the zip file, otherwise no other affect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones