• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Smart Cover

I checked the older threads but I couldn't find anything worthy and I couldn't find anything on google so I hope someone will be able to help me, it's a small thing though.

First of all, I'm new here, please let me know if I do anything wrong with this thread.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I decided to use one of those so called S View Covers.

It works fine it's okay but I don't like when the screen lights up whenever I move the cover. I want to be able to uncover my screen without always activating the screen whenever I do it because sometimes it happens unintentionally.

As I already said, It's a small concern. But I'd be glad if anyone would be able to help, I simply want to shut the S View Cover down, so I can use it as protection.

--Anderoid

Reactions: m27158
so I thought I would like the Sview feature as well - until I used it and realized it bybassed some of the lock security and it allows music playback - but only with the samsung app I don't use.

so somthing I found - the covers require pulling the battery cover off - and apply the new case. the case has 2 contacts (or 3) that touch the 3 contacts on the back of the phone.

those contracts ground out with a set resistance - that tells the phone to active either Sview, or wireless charging (or in some cases both)

with the 2 contacts touched - the phone marks S vew options in the settings - if you cover up those contracts - all Sview features go away.

depending on your sview case - you might can put the OE battery cover back on - and then the case on top of it. Failing that I would double up a piece of ordinary wax paper and cover the contracts.

or use electrical tape.

Upvote 0
Just bought a new Samsung flip case and the s view has only worked once. I made sure the contacts in the case were coming into contact with the back of the phone and still no sview window. The case is protecting the phone and not sure if the time spent getting the sview working is worth it. Any ideas to get this working would be great.

other than experimenting with the pins and a wire jumper - I've got nothing.

maybe with case installed - power down the phone completely.

wait a bit

and resart it.

second option - take case off - pull battery - wait a minute - install battery - case - power on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones