• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Pocket GTs5300 questions (Haalp)

Trammels

Lurker
Sep 23, 2012
okay so got my 1st android - Samsung Galaxy Pocket GTs5300.

and trying to set it up(read=fidgeting) i encountered some minor problems, mostly due to this being new to me.
1) how to end calls i make (no i dont feel silly at all askin this :p,this is where u lol :p ) actually my screen turns off while im talking so when i finish talkin i have to unlock it and then end call
so my querry ----- any shortcut exists/can be created to end calls ?
i kno of Power Button Ends Call feature, but that only works if my phone is not sleeping.

2) cannot enable 3g :- dont see any 2g/3g options in settings> wireless and network settings > mobile networks
i see use packet data and/data roaming options but no 2g/3g options

3) in settings > location and security options > select device administration , where it says add or remove device admin i removed existing device admin intending to create a new one "with my name" ... but now it seems i cannot create a new admin and it says "no device admin available"
... how can i fix it

haalp:thinking:

okay so got my 1st android - Samsung Galaxy Pocket GTs5300.

and trying to set it up(read=fidgeting) i encountered some minor problems, mostly due to this being new to me.
1) how to end calls i make (no i dont feel silly at all askin this :p,this is where u lol :p ) actually my screen turns off while im talking so when i finish talkin i have to unlock it and then end call
so my querry ----- any shortcut exists/can be created to end calls ?
i kno of Power Button Ends Call feature, but that only works if my phone is not sleeping.

2) cannot enable 3g :- dont see any 2g/3g options in settings> wireless and network settings > mobile networks
i see use packet data and/data roaming options but no 2g/3g options

3) in settings > location and security options > select device administration , where it says add or remove device admin i removed existing device admin intending to create a new one "with my name" ... but now it seems i cannot create a new admin and it says "no device admin available"
... how can i fix it

haalp:thinking:
Though i am not using this phone but share whatever i know.
I heard that abot ending call thing happening to othrs as well,but you will see the phone icon which if you pull down you will be able to end,or it will come by unlocking only.If it's a bug then wait for the next upgrade if it has not come yet.
About 2G thing,it should be there see carefully.Like use only 2G to save battery etc,check or uncheck.If you check that you will get only 2G then.
Lastly device administrator in phone is not same like in pc,you can't enter your name there as that is to give some special priveliges to particular apps to work properly their special features and to run without interference.And to prevent uninstall in norrmal way.If you can't uninstall any app uncheck device administrator then you will be able to remove it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones