• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S 22 Plus or Ultra

Crash1

Lurker
Oct 1, 2022
Hello. I am considering buying a Samsung Galaxy S 22 Ultra or Plus. I have listened to a lot of reviews that say that the Ultra is not recommended as it tends to run hot. I have also read that the S 22 Plus is better and doesn’t run as hot. I am wondering if this issue of running hot has been solved by any updates, etc.. If anyone would like to recommend one phone over the other (or a Samsung 2-3 years old that’s better, I would appreciate that also. Thanks.

Hello. I am considering buying a Samsung Galaxy S 22 Ultra or Plus. I have listened to a lot of reviews that say that the Ultra is not recommended as it tends to run hot. I have also read that the S 22 Plus is better and doesn’t run as hot. I am wondering if this issue of running hot has been solved by any updates, etc.. If anyone would like to recommend one phone over the other (or a Samsung 2-3 years old that’s better, I would appreciate that also. Thanks.

Do you need the S-pen? Larger screen? Higher resolution camera?

Here is a comparison of the specs. https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11252&idPhone2=11251

My Ultra gets warm at times, not hot. Depends on usage primarily, I cannot compare with the Plus.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
don't have the s22 ultra, but my friend does.....and her phone does not get hot. slightly warm when using the camera taking videos. i think it is a great phone. i have the z fold 3 and i miss the s-pen slot. i was at a Samsung Experience Store yesterday and i played with the s22 ultra and man what a slick phone it is!!!! but i love my big screen when i unfold my phone, will not go back to a smaller phone any time soon.....LOL

Upvote 0
Though many users complain that S22 Ultra phone becomes hot very soon but you don’t need to worry as they can be fixed by the software update released by Samsung.

I would recommend you to buy S22 Ultra as it has lots of features and specifications compared to S22 Plus. But lastly, the decision all depends on you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones