• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s5 active screen activates while using phone

Hi,
has anyone seen the samsung galaxy s5 (active) have an issue with turning on the screen while you are on the phone, it keeps pressing keys while I am on the phone.
I have a protective glass on the phone maybe that is causing it.
Mine just travels anywhere, whenever it feels like it. I seem to have no control over my phone. When I am on the phone it is partial to the Date/Time settings page. It makes me jump through hoops to get back to my phone page. Can anyone help? I too have a glass screen protector. This never effected my Galaxy S4. I am so glad that I am not the only one with this problem. I have had this phone replaced 3 or 4 times and have done Factory Resets. This phone is a joke.
My first Galaxy S5 Active dropped less than 2 feet, face down, flat in a protective case on a deep carpeted old, soft wooden floor and ended up with a hot pink vertical line on the screen. I called and emailed Samsung and got absolutely no help. I lost my insurance replacing my phone through Assurance. Since then AT&T has given me Warranty replacements. I love my Galaxy S4 but the S5 Active is NOT what they advertised.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones