• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 NTFS

TankKiller

Lurker
Jul 28, 2012
I have a brand new tab 2 that wont read NTFS, I am on the latest ICS 4.0.4. I format my 32gb sd card as NTFS in my pc, slam it into the tab and I get "unsupported filed system plz format" I have read that ICS is supposed to support NTFS, should I return my tablet?

I want to use my tab to watch movies, so the 4gb FAT32 file limit is a problem.

Is there anything I can do here (without rooting the device)?

thanks for any help!!

Unfortunately i dont know about file systems that are comatible with the tablet.

If you intend on watching movies on your tablet, then it would be better to use something like Handbrake to recode your movies into something smaller and more managable.

At least this way you will have a better selection of movies available at your fingertips, as opposed to say, 7 movies at 4 gig in size, seeing as you will lose over 2 gig on formatting the SD Card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones