Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 NTFSSupport

1. TankKiller

TankKiller New Member

I have a brand new tab 2 that wont read NTFS, I am on the latest ICS 4.0.4. I format my 32gb sd card as NTFS in my pc, slam it into the tab and I get "unsupported filed system plz format" I have read that ICS is supposed to support NTFS, should I return my tablet?

I want to use my tab to watch movies, so the 4gb FAT32 file limit is a problem.

Is there anything I can do here (without rooting the device)?

thanks for any help!!

Advertisement
  2. TankKiller

TankKiller New Member

exFAT doesnt work either for me. A modern device such as this surely can support another file system than fat32 on the SDcard.... right? What am I doing wrong here? My digital camera reads NTFS for crap sake.
  3. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

Unfortunately i dont know about file systems that are comatible with the tablet.

If you intend on watching movies on your tablet, then it would be better to use something like Handbrake to recode your movies into something smaller and more managable.

At least this way you will have a better selection of movies available at your fingertips, as opposed to say, 7 movies at 4 gig in size, seeing as you will lose over 2 gig on formatting the SD Card.