• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 Screen Died?

winsome

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
I've had my Tab S3 for 27 days, and last night while reading using the Kindle App, my screen blinked twice in about 5 minutes and then completely fritzed out. It's green and flickering and I cannot power down the tablet, hard reset or anything else. I can turn the screen on and off with the power and home buttons, but when the screen comes on...green, flickering garbage. I called Samsung Tech Support and they walked me through reset steps, none of which worked.

I think it's a hardware issue, but thought I'd see if anyone has experienced something similar before I sent it in to Samsung for repair.

Attached image is the closest representation I can find of what the screen looks like, except my tablet is green with flickering lines. Taking a picture of the screen doesn't show the issue.

TIA.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 216

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones