• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy tab2 7.0 sd card

intheblim

Lurker
Dec 3, 2012
Hi i have recently bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and also purchased a 8gig sdhc card which is showing on my tablet - i know you cant save apps to the card but how do i save pictures and movies to it as i cant seem to find how to do it ? any help will be great thanks

Hi i have recently bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and also purchased a 8gig sdhc card which is showing on my tablet - i know you cant save apps to the card but how do i save pictures and movies to it as i cant seem to find how to do it ? any help will be great thanks

You'll likely need Samsung Kies for Windows/Mac (google it) in order to access it from your PC/Mac via USB. That will install the driver for the Tab. If you don't need Kies, you can uninstall it and it should leave the driver in place.

Upvote 0
The OP didn't say anything about transfering files from a PC or Mac so on the assumption that he wants to SAVE photos and videos from the built-in camera to the ExtSD you need to select the setting icon (looks like a gear) IN the camera app and scroll down to "Storage", there select "Memory Card" and all your photos and videos will be stored on the external SD card. Existing files can be moved by the built-in "MyFiles" app.

Reactions: jwight
Upvote 0
...you need to select the setting icon (looks like a gear) IN the camera app and scroll down to "Storage", there select "Memory Card" and all your photos and videos will be stored on the external SD card. Existing files can be moved by the built-in "MyFiles" app.
In fact I just launched the camera app which immediately detected the external SD card and asked if I wanted to make it the default storage location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones