• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy/talktalk probs SENDING emails

loverseed1

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
hello, i don't know if i'm doing this right but here goes

I've been reading a lot on these forums about problems with talktalk email addresses and trying to send emails.
I've tried doing changing my smtp setting to send.vodafone.net, as suggested somewhere on android forum in a thread, which the phone accepted.
But when I actually composed and sent and email it 'failed' and says '530 authentication required'. Does anyone know what that means?
Hope I'm not already repeating someone else's question.
Hopefully, ...

Welcome to Android Forums, loverseed1. :ciao:

Thanks for joining the ranks! Here's hoping this place will serve you well. We are here to help you get the best out of your device.

You will want to check in to the forum for your specific device model. Choose your device model from the list here and join your device's area of support - where you'll find the other user of the same device love to hang out... and will be the best place to get device specific help.

Upvote 0
Regarding your question, in the advanced settings of the email setup should be an option that says "SMTP Server Requires Authentication" which may ask for username/password again. See if that option is there while setting up your email address.

Just curious, what is talktalk? Also I am assuming Vodafone (as your SMTP states) is your cell carrier?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones