• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung keyboard freezing

Daltsav

Lurker
Nov 4, 2023
I'm having issues with my keyboard freezing when I make comments on YouTube. I've done all the obvious like uninstall YouTube, reset default keyboard, I've also looked for settings on the YT app but the issue is only on my phone not my other devices. I have premium so I'm always signed in. I also have a timer on the write side in the comment box that has a box with 0:12+ inside I tried to post a picture here but I don't know how. As soon as I try to type nothing happens and then my keyboard locks and doesn't go away until I turn off my phone. Anyone know what to do?

Screenshot_20231104-084150_YouTube.jpg

Upvote 0
Your phone is 6 years old correct? (Galaxy S8+) Have you ever done a factory reset?

What Android version are you using?
Thanks for replying, no I've never done a factory reset. I don't know the version. I'm an old lady lol! But my phone has never given me any problems and this issue is recent possibly after a recent YT update. I have a 10 yr old Lenovo tablet that doesn't have the same issue. I can't figure out what the 0:12+ means.

Upvote 0
Your phone is 6 years old correct? (Galaxy S8+) Have you ever done a factory reset?
What phone do you have?

What Android version are you u

I looked at my phone info but it has several categories list as "version" kernel, baseband, android etc. The comment box looks like this....
Screenshot_20231104-084150_YouTube.jpg

Upvote 0
try putting the phone in safe mode:

this prevents any 3rd party apps from running. if the issue continues than, its a software issue. if it stops, than it is a 3rd party app that you have installed that is doing this. which one? you will need to uninstall some apps. start with the most recent and work your way backwards unitl the issue stops.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

this prevents any 3rd party apps from running. if the issue continues than, its a software issue. if it stops, than it is a 3rd party app that you have installed that is doing this. which one? you will need to uninstall some apps. start with the most recent and work your way backwards unitl the issue stops.
Ok, I'm going to follow your instructions. I'll get back to you and let you know if it worked. Any idea what the time box is in the comment square? Is it related to the key board freezing up or a setting? I thought maybe it was YouTube trying to delay my comments and thank you for your help.

Ugh! Which one is the lock button? I tried to Google but I couldn't get a clear answer. Thank you!!!

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm going to follow your instructions. I'll get back to you and let you know if it worked. Any idea what the time box is in the comment square? Is it related to the key board freezing up or a setting? I thought maybe it was YouTube trying to delay my comments and thank you for your help.

Ugh! Which one is the lock button? I tried to Google but I couldn't get a clear answer. Thank you!!!
which one is what? the lock button? are you just talking about the lockscreen? what about it?

Upvote 0
which one is what? the lock button? are you just talking about the lockscreen? what about iT
The first 2 steps in the link you sent me
  1. First, switch your Galaxy device off.
  2. Next, hold the Power and Lock buttons together I have no idea what the "lock" button is. I'm an old lady and not at all tech savvy. I tried to look it up for my model phone but couldn't find anything. I know there's the volume up/down and the Bixby button below that but I'm worried I'll get it wrong and end up with a factory reset. I don't want to lose my grand kids pictures.

Upvote 0
The first 2 steps in the link you sent me
  1. First, switch your Galaxy device off.
  2. Next, hold the Power and Lock buttons together I have no idea what the "lock" button is. I'm an old lady and not at all tech savvy. I tried to look it up for my model phone but couldn't find anything. I know there's the volume up/down and the Bixby button below that but I'm worried I'll get it wrong and end up with a factory reset. I don't want to lose my grand kids pictures.
try this one:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones