• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment (not rooted 2.1) Boot Loop

My samsung moment (NOT rooted with 2.1) gets stuck in a boot loop when I restart it. After about 10 mins the lock screen comes up and if I unlock it quick enough the phone runs fine but if I dont unlock it within a certain period of time it will just go back into booting up and go back to showing the samsung logo.

The phone has been running very sluggish since Ive been experiencing this and Im about to do a factory data reset but I dont feel like reloading all my apps and redoing all my settings.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this without resetting the whole phone? anyone else experiencing the same thing? any help would be appreciated. Im about to get a blackberry, I love the android when it works but it just seems the slightest adjustment to the phone sends the whole thing haywire. Living with this aggrevation is becoming not worth it.

by any chance do you have a home replacement launcher installed and a custom theme? try unistalling the theme and and launcher and see if it goes away. if no launcher and nothing seems to work then i think you have no choice but to do a factory reset. sorry. back up your apps with astro file manager from market and sync your google apps before you reset. gl!

Upvote 0
Bite the bullet and do a factory reset. The first time you open the market, all your apps will be listed in the downloads section, making reloading them easy. Don't close the market or even change screen orientation, or they'll be gone.

I'm constantly having to deal with my coworkers blackberry's which have pitiful memory amounts and memory management. I hate the little screen, awful browser and little keyboard. This is easy?

Upvote 0
My Moment just started doing this, this morning..
I have drained 2 batteries this morning trying to get my phone to restart..
it just sits there on the "SAMSUNG" screen...

No MODS, No Root, No Flash....can't get to the main menu to do factory reset...now what?

flash stock 2.1 with sprints update tool. you can download it from their site. you need a pc and usb cable to flash. follow the instructions on the site.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I DL's the SamsungSimpleDL_lite, but the rest of Sprints instructions assume my phone is operating properly and I can get to the main menu...

If you meant for me to follow the directions on Sprints site, I can't even get to the main menu on my moment, still stuck on SAMSUNG screen...And I don't see anything about FLASHING, can you please point me in the right direction? this is all new to me...thanks

Upvote 0
ok...disregard...I think I got it...
I didn't understand that the "Flash" instructions were in the Tool I DL from SPrint..
and I didn't realize that you can get to DOWNLOAD MODE on your phone without having to start it...so now it says Update Completed! and is rebooting...lets see it I get main menu or not...

Upvote 0
OMG!!! I have a phone again!!!
Thank you Kahale, and thanku AndroidForums!!
I really thought I was hosed!!

this is great...got some apps I need to re-DL now..but waaay cool!

Besides making my phone work again, what does this "Flashing" do?
make 2.1 run better, battery last longer etc...??

glad it all worked out for you. flashing it only puts stock 2.1 android on the phone. you won't notice any difference unless you had a older version of android on it like 1.5 etc.

Upvote 0
I have been on the phone with Sprint for the past 90 minutes trying to solve the problem. The very nice rep and I ended up doing a manual factory reset instead of the normal ##...# one. To do it, follow these steps:

1. Take out the battery and then replace it.
2. Hold the DOWN volume button, SEND, and END buttons simultaneously. This will bring up the manual system recovery screen.
3. Scroll down to WIPE DATA/FACTORY REST and press ok.
4. Next, select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.

This will return the phone to the factory settings and HOPEFULLY I will not experience the looping anymore. Try it and let us know how it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones