• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment Tethering

Hi,
I just upgraded to the new Samsung Moment (SPH-M900) with 2.1-update1 (build ECLAIR.DE03) and I am trying to get PDAnet to work. I have tried several of the suggestions above (installed the Samsung Studio, and the extracted driver pack), but Device Manager never shows the phone. And, Studio can't seem to find it either. I do have the USB debugging enabled.

Oh, I also have the new EVO and was able to tether it to different laptop w/o issue and have been using PDAnet w/my older MotoQ for some time.

I am using XPsp3.

Thank you for your help,
Patrick

Upvote 0
Hi,
I just upgraded to the new Samsung Moment (SPH-M900) with 2.1-update1 (build ECLAIR.DE03) and I am trying to get PDAnet to work. I have tried several of the suggestions above (installed the Samsung Studio, and the extracted driver pack), but Device Manager never shows the phone. And, Studio can't seem to find it either. I do have the USB debugging enabled.
Patrick

After uninstalling everything on the laptop and phone, then just installing the driver pack only I was able to connect the phone and it was recognized. Then I was able to install PDAnet on the laptop and finish the installation normally.
Testing my connection w/www.speakeasy.net I was able to get .88Mbps download speeds.

Thanks for the forum.
Patrick

Upvote 0
OK guys I tried this last night with PDAnet. The problem I found is the drivers they recommend are completley wrong. I found one set of drivers that worked perfectly hang on I will post the link also. I mean install the desktop version, dowload the app, attempt to install the desktop version, and when you plug in the phone with usb debugging on it should pop up as a bubble that a new hardware has been found. It took like a minute before anything responded then I got the little bubble in the bottom right corner of my monitor that my hardware is now installed. Everything else was a breeze. I was going to give up after last night but persistance is key. Hope this was helpful, might save you some reading. Thanks everybody, kicked this problem right in da bum.
PS I'm using winXP and sprints 2.1 for the moment

Edit: Here http://uploading.com/files/6de7c2da/Samsung%2BMoment%2BUSB%2BDrivers%2BWindows%2BWorks%2Bwith%2BAndroid%2B2.1.zip/

Upvote 0
Long time reader, first time post...Here's what I did to completely get my moment teathered and working.

Windows Vista Home Edition - 64 bit
Samsung Moment w/ Android

*Uninstall any/all samsung drivers, PC studio, etc.

Restart PC

D/L drivers from: http://uploading.com/files/6de7c2da/Samsung%2BMoment%2BUSB%2BDrivers%2BWindows%2BWorks%2Bwith%2BAndroid%2B2.1.zip/
save to desktop, click icon, extract all, click "setup", follow instructions

Connect phone via usb cable, follow instructions to install drivers

Disconnect usb cable

D/L PDAnet from: http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php
select run

Follow instructions, it will eventually instruct you to connect phone via usb cable, *make sure "USB DEBUGGING" is check marked on phone at this time*

You will then create a network connection in windows, select public place and you can name it and select a mobile phone icon

At this point, you are done, up and running...It takes about 15 min and after about 2 hours of trying and trying and reading many threads on this forum, this is what I have collected and done to get it to work. I am teathered at this time.

Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0
I would look to see the actual folder and or screenshots of all of the steps taken to install the Samsung Moment USB Drivers successfully. I am doing the trial and error meathod right now. Once I successfully get it done I will try and post something very detailed. :)

I'm posting this for cgarym7:

1. Make sure the Moment is not connected to your PC
2. Download and Install New Studio PC from the link above or
Download the stripped drivers from Studio PC a few threads up, and
store in some location on your hard drive.
3. Once the Studio PC installation is done, you can now download (if you haven't already) and install PDANET 1.17 on your laptop. It will stop with a pop up
and a list of instructions for moving forward with the installation.....

4. Now, on your Moment, you'll want to turn on "USB DEBUGGING".
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB DEBUGGING
5. Connect the Moment to your PC. The PC will now start installing the
necessary drivers. If you've grabbed the stripped drivers, you'll have to
manually point the install to the folder locations.
6. Once all drivers are done. Hit OK on the PDANET installation prompt. The PC will now install PDANET on your Moment.
7. Once done. Go back to the Moment and look for PDANET. Turn it on while it's still connected to the PC. It should now make a connection.

Upvote 0
I was plugging along, the driver in place, now I'm stuck on the actual set up.

This is what's in the Additional Setups pop-up window...

Installing USB Driver (green checkmark)

Setting up Modem Driver (green checkmark)

Installing PdaNet to your phone... (now stuck)

Attached is a screen shot.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• PdaNet_Setup.png
    PdaNet_Setup.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
I was plugging along, the driver in place, now I'm stuck on the actual set up.

This is what's in the Additional Setups pop-up window...

Installing USB Driver (green checkmark)

Setting up Modem Driver (green checkmark)

Installing PdaNet to your phone... (now stuck)

Attached is a screen shot.

Any help would be appreciated!
if nothing happens start over

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones