• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Pulls Android 2.2 Update for Vibrant

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Galaxy S users just can’t get a break. If it isn’t annoying GPS problems, its usually something to do with their insistence on using the shoddy at best Samsung Kies software to install software updates. Or it is complains about the actual update itself, as has been the case with the recently released Android 2.2 [...]

More...

I'm confused. How come it wasn't reported here or at xda (which has an active vibrant forum) that 2.2 was actually released at all via kies?

I think Phandroid botched this one. Someone in the comments says it's the Bell Canada version only.

Looks like some bad reporting here and that it never was released via Kies for the US Vibrant.

Still that doesn't bode well for T-Mobile Vibrant users for seeing 2.2 any time soon.

They are going to wind up releasing 2.2 4-5 months after the competition (Droid X and Incredible, which are similar class phones released around the same time as the Vibrant).

There's no excuse for this. I doubt I'll ever by another Samsung phone.

Upvote 0
Damn Samsung needs to hire someone that knows what they are doing, I heard that 2.2 was good to go for myself (Bell, Canada) so I attempted to download Kies (oh ya you need to disable your firewall for that.....) so now I install it and connect it (haha that was funny with the MTP error......) they cant get the GPS working they cant get Kies working properly, even to download it is stupid and now there is a problem with the update???

Just sad....

Hey remember these great accessories
samsung_galaxy_s_car-dock_480.jpg

thumb_550_samsung-galaxy-s-desktop-dock.jpg

microusbhdmi.JPG

Oh ya neither do I, they arent available, maybe when they hit that magically projected 10 mil sold they will make them available..... oh ya thats when a whole pile of other great new phones will be on the market.....

Pathetic

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones