• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung tab 2 "10.1" with 64gb sd

powderhound

Lurker
Oct 16, 2012
Hi,
I have read several forums but I'm still not clear on the answer to this question
"Can I use a 64gb SD card in my samsung tab 2 "10.1"?

Ideally I would like it to be able to support large files, ie > 4GB for films, etc.

I have tried formatting on the tab but his shows the card as "SD card blank or has unsupported file system"
Formatting under Windows 7 as either NTFS or exFAT will not mount on the tab.

Any help\ suggestions would be welcome :)

Hi,
I have read several forums but I'm still not clear on the answer to this question

Ideally I would like it to be able to support large files, ie > 4GB for films, etc.

I have tried formatting on the tab but his shows the card as "SD card blank or has unsupported file system"

Hi powderhound.

The 64GB card will work just fine however this will have to be formatted as FAT32 which as you may know has the file size restriction of <4GB.

One way around this is to either use 3rd party software such as Pavtube to split the files and convert to a format recognised by the Tablet then they can be played as normal, allbeit with a pause.

Or, resample the films to just below the 4GB limit.

To be honest though mate, i have converted a lot of my sons DVDs to around 2GB and the picture quality and sound are fantastic, this will allow you to cram more onto your tablet.

Here is a link to SD Formatter which is far superior to the windows bundled app.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Hope this helps.

Reactions: powderhound
Upvote 0
Thanks for your response:)
I've tried formatting as you said but when I put the card in the Tab it goes through preparing the card and then the next option is to remove the card.
If i go to Settings | Storage | Mount SD it just flashes preparing the card but no card is mounted :-(
If I put a smaller card in, 1Gb, it mounts it.

Does the TAb 2 support 64gb?

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Hi,

I enquired at my local store about putting a 64gb card in my tab but they said that they have had reports of it becoming unstable so I stuck with a 32 gb card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones