• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help saving apps to the sd card?

rmm2112

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
This seems like such a basic function but I can't find how to do this. First of all - I don't have a smart phone (yet) - but my wife upgraded to this phone - I saw that her sd card has little to no use on it while her phone storage is getting used. Is there a way to move the information over to the sd card, (apps, photos, etc) or is an app needed to do something like this? thanks for any info on this noob type of question.

You have to manually move applications to the SD card. Here is the path: Home >menu >settings >applications >Manage applications. There are 4 application lists at the top: Downloads, Running, All, & SD card. Some apps can be moved; others can't (without rooting).

I would start with the "Download" list. Click on one app at a time. If the "Move to SD card" button is not shaded, you can click on that button to move the app to the SD card. If the app is already on the SD card, the same button will say "Move to phone." You can move an app from the card to the phone with this button.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones