• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving Music from Play music to device

pel76

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
Just got a GSIII and uploaded my itunes library. I saved an album from Pay Music to the device but have no clue where it went. I want to S-beam the album to my gf's phone. Where did the music go. How can i get the Play Music music into my Music player app also?

The Music Player app only shows music that is natively on the phone, meaning files that are actually there. Play Music doesn't have the files on the phone in a library, and the ones you download are only cached. If you want the music to be actually on the phone for you to share, you need to use a program like iSyncr, DoubleTwist, WinAmp or Kies to actually sync the music files into your phone's storage or your SD card.

Upvote 0
I can't explain very well since I don't use iTunes. Its only complicated because you are using an Apple product and they don't want you playing with other companies. As far as I am concerned iTunes is a bloated piece of malware.

Try using WinAmp, its got better support and an entire forum of its own for support regarding importing your itunes files. Syncing to Android using that is just one click, and that's what I use.

Other wise just drag the files into your phone using your Windows Explorer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones