• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Correct, the Droid X (and the Droid as well) has a 854 X 480 display, giving it true 16:9 aspect. The Evo does 800 X 480, which is 15:9 (or 5:3 if you have OCD).

Regardless of the resolution itself, the Evo has the larger screen, 8.16 square inches versus 7.9 for the Droid X. The Droid X screen is slightly longer but slightly narrower than Evo screen. Some reviewers have noted that the Evo fits more of the webpage from side to side, and that's more significant than the extra vertical resolution (this is all based on portrait mode).

16:9 HDTV material will scale out to full screen on the Droid X while the Evo display slivers of letterboxing to fit the width.

5:3, or 1:66, is the standard widescreen ratio in Europe. It's 1.85 in the States, 1.78 for HDTV.

What is this "OCD" that you speak of? Is it available for my EVO, and how can I find out if I already have it for my EVO? ;)

Upvote 0
No, I am not a Facebook user, however I have visited my daughter's Facebook page from time to time. I am, however, POSITIVE that I do have OCD for my EVO, or I wouldn't spend so much time reading/posting on this forum.:D

does_this_shirt_make_me_look_ocd-p235845808870395409adll3_525.jpg

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
i have read a ton of threads on this forum in the past month, and this thread is so full of haters it's ridiculous. are you seriously going to complain about buttons and a UI that will be taken care of once 2.2 comes out (soon)? get a life. i'm finally upgrading from an envy 2 and i am quite possibly too excited to get my hands on my X. i played with it for 15 minutes at the store and knew i'd be more than content with it for the price i got on it for a 1 yr contract. just appreciate the fact that you can afford to own a smartphone in today's economy

Upvote 0
i have read a ton of threads on this forum in the past month, and this thread is so full of haters it's ridiculous.

Oh, take a friggin' chill already.

This started out in the Evo forum where we could share our curiosities and is populated mostly by posters that are well-accustomed to each other.

If you think this is hatin' then you should see how we treat our own phones.

Your hate of haters is so full hate that haters hate it so much that they run out of hater-hate to the point that your OCD is ridiculous.

And - your very welcome for all of the info you'd have not gotten elsewhere.

PS - lmao, now join me or be left out.

Upvote 0
i have read a ton of threads on this forum in the past month, and this thread is so full of haters it's ridiculous. are you seriously going to complain about buttons and a UI that will be taken care of once 2.2 comes out (soon)? get a life. i'm finally upgrading from an envy 2 and i am quite possibly too excited to get my hands on my X. i played with it for 15 minutes at the store and knew i'd be more than content with it for the price i got on it for a 1 yr contract. just appreciate the fact that you can afford to own a smartphone in today's economy

I am extremely thankful for everything that my Lord provides for me, and I work hard for my guilty pleasures.
I didn't realize that the haters had hijacked this thread. I just thought we were having an interesting discussion.:thinking:

Upvote 0
There is a lot of OCD in this forum!

WellIt'sMoreLikeAGreatDealThatIsToSayPerhapsAnInordinateAmountAlthoughIDon'tKnowWhoGetsToDecideThatButIWasMerelyPointingOutByYourLeaveAndIfYouWillThatALotIsPrettyMuchAPhraseWithMultipleConnotationsAndNotThatThere'sAnythingWrongWithThatMindYouIt'sJustThatItLacksACertainPrecisionAndThat'sOKTooBecauseIReallyDidn'tMeanToKnockYouOrYourChoiceOfThatExpressionIt'sJustThatI'mGladWeCouldTakeTheTimeToExploreThatBecauseHere'sTheThingThereAreSomePeopleAndJustBecauseTheyDon'tKnowWhoTheyAreWeDoAndDoYouKnowWhatIReallyQuestionThatTheyDon'tKnowWhoTheyAreIThinkThat'sJustAMightyConvenientExcuseIfYouKnowWhatIMeanAndIThinkThatYouDo.

Upvote 0
I am extremely thankful for everything that my Lord provides for me, and I work hard for my guilty pleasures.
I didn't realize that the haters had hijacked this thread. I just thought we were having an interesting discussion.:thinking:

So.

Last night I got ChaCha Droid (free, Market) - and I recommend it.

Ask ChaCha anything - or just tell ChaCha.

I find it's ... very good.

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0

Mom's getting you a new phone huh? Is it your birthday?

Upvote 0
Mom's getting you a new phone huh? Is it your birthday?

really dude? good one.

there was no indication that this thread came off the evo forum, making this thread actually justifiable. i was under the impression people were just nit-picking the hell out of the phone for no reason. by all means, knock yourself out if you want to talk about aspect ratios if that's what you're into

Upvote 0
really dude? good one.

there was no indication that this thread came off the evo forum, making this thread actually justifiable. i was under the impression people were just nit-picking the hell out of the phone for no reason. by all means, knock yourself out if you want to talk about aspect ratios if that's what you're into

I am sorry and I can certainly understand your confusion as to how this thread got here. I was a little confused myself.:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones