• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Schedule volume changes

I have a Samsung S22+ and I need to schedule the speaker volume off/on at scheduled times. When I attend meetings or events, I turn the phone volume to mute or vibrate so I am not distracted by calls or notifications.

The problem that arises, is the phone is my alarm clock in the AM as well. On previous phones I had the Volume Scheduler app and it worked flawlessly. This app does seem to work on the S22+ I set it to turn the volume back to normal at a certain time and it doesn't happen. I have also tried to use IFTTT but it just doesn't unmute the phone and I miss the alarm because it's on silent or vibrating.

Does anyone have a working solution for this that works on the S22+ ?

the only thing i can think of you trying is tasker:

i know it has volume control and you can schedule the phone to do certain things at a certain time. i have not used it in a very long time, but i think you can make it do what you want it to do.

Upvote 0
I have used MacroDroid by ArloSoft for this purpose for years. I found Tasker to be overly complicated for my relatively simple needs. That said, any app of this type takes a moment to learn its world view.

At 10PM, it automatically sets my media volume to 0 and my notifications to 45%. At 8AM it turns media to 50% and notifications to 75%. You could probably turn up the appropriate volume settings at midnight to be sure you haven't left your meeting mute on overnight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones