• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
What kind of scratches? Micro scratch or deep diamond cut scratch? Micro scratches and deep scratches can be masked by putting a good quality screen protector on. The only scratches I've got is super fine micro scratches that look like they've been there from the factory. They seem to be in the gorilla glass outer coating and not in the glass itself.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
I have several micro scratches in the coating which don't bother me (other than I wish they were not there). ;) I seem to pick up a new one each time I visit the beach even though I am very careful.

I was hoping for Gorilla Glass to be impervious. A micro scratch is much better than a crack and it does seem the coating helps to repel oil -- I have to clean the screen much less than previous phones.

Reactions: prairiedogn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones