• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scratchy sound when listening to voice mail

docprego

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2009
I don't know if this is just a cell phone thing because my last phone on Sprint did it too. But when I call in to my voice mail and hear the female voice of the menu system, she is very scratchy. It doesn't matter what volume level I am at either, it's almost as if the sound quality of the VM system is just extremely poor.

When I use my Droid speaker for other things I don't hear this at all. I watched several movie trailers in high quality on YouTube and turned the volume to max and it was as clear (and loud) as I could ever hope.

So has anyone else noticed this? I wonder why this occurs?

I hear it as well. Could be a codec issue on the VM server, or calls to VM maybe not allocated alot of bandwidth. This is my first time on Verizon network, coming from Moto Q and AT&T. Sound quality much better. Personally I think the speakers on the Q (still have) are better than the DROID's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones