1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Screen Automatically Illuminates When The Phone Rings?Support

1. RickSchlegel

RickSchlegel Well-Known Member

My understanding is the N3 screen is supposed to automatically come on when I have an incoming phone call, and it seems to do that most of the time. But sometimes (I haven't really figured out how often, or under what circumstances) the phone rings, and the screen stays black. I can always manually turn the screen on and answer the phone in the normal way --- but it's not supposed to be that way, is it?

So anybody have any ideas? Just for info, I've eliminated the lock screen on my phone, and it goes directly to the home screen when my screen comes on.

Advertisement
    :
  2. TomAGibb

TomAGibb VIP Member VIP Member

You can go to here:
    Settings | Device | Blocking mode

You can activate this and then on the next screen you can select the items you want to block and the time frame that you want to have them not be active.

Once you turn it on you can access the following:

Block incoming calls
    Turn off notifications
    Turn off alarm and timer (don't think you want to do this)
    Turn off LED indicator

You have options then at the bottom of the screen that allows you to select either "Always" or a specified 'From' & 'To' time.

I believe that should cover your requirements.
  3. toptobottom

toptobottom Well-Known Member

@TomAGibb

I believe you've misunderstood the OP's whole question. He wants to know why his phone is having an intermittent problem not how to set his phone.

@RickSchlegel

Try a battery pull for about 10 minutes and maybe that could get rid of some anomaly that you may be having. They say it's always a good idea to restart your phone and even do a battery pull once in a while to give a good clean boot after it has cooled down.
  4. RickSchlegel

RickSchlegel Well-Known Member

Thanx, toptobottom --- does a battery pull reset system settings back to default, or will I still have my settings after I'm done? I've been powering down completely every time I recharge overnight, thinking that that was giving me a clean reboot every couple of days --- do I actually have to pull the battery to reboot?
  5. toptobottom

toptobottom Well-Known Member

It's more considered a soft reset and you won't lose any settings. A Factory (Hard) reset is where you lose it all.

Yes, pull battery out from the back after powering off. Wait about 10 minutes, reinstall and power back on.
    RickSchlegel likes this.
  6. nytfall

nytfall New Member

Was there ever a fix for this? I have the same issue with the Note 3; my screen does not turn on for incoming calls. I have tried both the battery pull and a factory reset, but the issue persists.