• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Automatically Illuminates When The Phone Rings?

My understanding is the N3 screen is supposed to automatically come on when I have an incoming phone call, and it seems to do that most of the time. But sometimes (I haven't really figured out how often, or under what circumstances) the phone rings, and the screen stays black. I can always manually turn the screen on and answer the phone in the normal way --- but it's not supposed to be that way, is it?

So anybody have any ideas? Just for info, I've eliminated the lock screen on my phone, and it goes directly to the home screen when my screen comes on.

You can go to here:
Settings | Device | Blocking mode

You can activate this and then on the next screen you can select the items you want to block and the time frame that you want to have them not be active.

Once you turn it on you can access the following:

Block incoming calls
Turn off notifications
Turn off alarm and timer (don't think you want to do this)
Turn off LED indicator

You have options then at the bottom of the screen that allows you to select either "Always" or a specified 'From' & 'To' time.

I believe that should cover your requirements.

Upvote 0
@TomAGibb

I believe you've misunderstood the OP's whole question. He wants to know why his phone is having an intermittent problem not how to set his phone.

@RickSchlegel

Try a battery pull for about 10 minutes and maybe that could get rid of some anomaly that you may be having. They say it's always a good idea to restart your phone and even do a battery pull once in a while to give a good clean boot after it has cooled down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones