• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Brightness Level to max

I have my brightness set to about 15% and its never gone up unless I have changed it manually......like bishop mentioned...... check to see if its on auto...... otherwise do you have any brightness widgets or apps that might be doing it.... I did have a widget on mine once that when touched would max screen brightness....... I would inadvertantly hit it sometimes while scrolling the screens........ removed it quickly

Upvote 0
Ah, you hadn't mentioned before that the auto setting is becoming unchecked. That does change things a bit, and does lend some credence to a problem app. I don't recall seeing anywhere here of an app that was causing that problem, but I couldn't claim to have memorized all the problems seen here.
If you can, go through your apps and see if there is one (or more) that controls the screen brightness independently of how the phone is set. I know that Aldiko has a setting like that, I'm sure there are others. Or put the setting on auto, then load and unload all of your most used apps. In between each app check the auto setting, maybe that way you'll be able to find the offender.

Upvote 0
Before 2.1 my phone would stay on auto... now auto turns off. I'm sure some app or another triggers it (stock stuff, it happened before loading anything else) but I don't know which one.

Sucks when I get a text or email in the middle of the night and hit the button and it's like a "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" someone opened the door to Gozer moment leaving my eyes buring. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones