• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Discolouration

thicks56

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

had my One X for a month and a half now and love the phone,
Notice a few days ago when i loaded up google there is a small circle right in the bottom corner of the screen the white is showing up as a slightly yellow colour.
when i first got the phone noticed that the screen in this corner made a slight clicking noise as though it didnt quite fit properly so i assume its something related to that,
The circle is only about 3mm round and not really noticeable unless you load a page that is white so i may just have to bite the bullet and put up with it.

Not sure what to do to be honest, any advice welcome :)

Thanks for the advice guys,

I have spoken to the guys at the carphone warehouse that i got it from,
Unfortunatly i am outside of the 31 day time for getting an instant handset replacement,

I have been told to take it to another store with a technical advisor that might be able to help and if he cant sort it then is should apparently be covered under warrenty for sending off to be fixed.

But not sure how long this will leave me without a phone for.

Upvote 0
Hello!
New to this.
I've just sent my phone back to three with two 3mm circles of discolouration.
Received an infuriating letter back claiming the fault is caused by water damage and are refusing to replace. Of course to me this seems madness as it is clearly a screen fault. Does anybody have a report of the problem and how it is caused that I can counter the arguement with?
Also has anyone sent back to HTC directly and had a replacement. If so who should I contact.

Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones