• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen doesn't work, won't charge.

Diverskii

Lurker
Aug 10, 2014
Hi,

My phone was working fine yesterday, I left it on my bedside table last night and woke up this morning to find it not working.

The touch screen doesn't work and the battery won't charge. I've charged the battery in another S3 and it charges fine. My computer also won't recognise the phone - so I'm thinking it's a problem with the usb port.

The phones itself seems to boot fine, I can access the reboot menu (power, home, volume keys) and the bottom two keys work (settings and back).

I've had the problem before where if I leave my phone out with my windows open at night the screen is unresponsive until the phone warms up (in my pocket) but that isn't working this time.

I haven't tried factory reset yet because I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas before I resort to a reset and lose all my data.

EDIT: Just tried a factory reset and still nothing. I've resorted to booking it in for a repair.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones