• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen goes dark - Overheating?

D

Deleted User

The other day was using my S6 as a first person view from my drone (DJI, using the normal 'Go' app)

After awhile the screen went quite dark?

Not black or turned off, just dimmed as though it was about to go to sleep. Tapping at the screen made no difference, with the result I had to do an emergency return to home and land, as I couldn't see what my drone was looking at or where it was facing.

Since then it has returned to normal.

I have used it a few times for the same thing, especially in Iceland, where it's chilly, and a few times here in Borneo, without it doing that before.

The big difference was this was a longer than usual flight, about 11 minutes, whereas most of my flights are about 3 to 7 minutes, but I didn't have any problem doing a 13 minute flight the day before.

Was this due to the phone overheating? Is a darkened screen a symptom of that?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones