• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen protector necessary?

I have never had a screen protector on my, purchased it at launch. No scratches on it yet, but I am careful and it lives in a holster, not my pocket.

If I was going to keep it in my pocket I would go with a screen protector. You might also want to try phantom skinz, I like how screens look better thru phantoms than invisi shields

Upvote 0
I use my phone a lot and sometimes it just gets away from me. It's had only a couple of hard falls. But this is why I say the screen protectors are a good thing. They hold the tempered glass together in case of an impact and keep them from cracking on a drop. The fact they also protect from scratches is just an added benefit. Think about a clear acrylic protective film that's laid over a high dollar halogen headlight to keep them from breaking from a rock strike. Same principal. Just the other day I was sitting on the patio with a buddy having a brew after dinner. He had his Moment on his knee(no protector). It slipped off, fell on the ground and shattered the amoled screen. Not good. But I've accidentally dropped mine way harder. The Sony PSP one's are my favorite because they have the most clarity and are thick.

Upvote 0
the answer is yes, as soon as you mar up the display. Ive always applied one to my smart phones and at some point on every one ill get a scratch on the protector and think about how glad i am i had it. There was a cable tech at the house yesterday with a droid, it was all scratched to hell and back and I said something about him being glad he had one on there. that phone would be totaled it he didnt.

Upvote 0
I'll say what I say to everyone I sell one to. I'm not gonna tell you that you need it, but it definitely is better for a smart phone, even more a touch screen phone. It does help protect against things like sudden drops onto edges, or rocky grounds. Earrings can scratch up your phones screen too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones