Screen protector necessary?Tips

Last Updated:

1. flipboi2damax

flipboi2damax Member This Topic's Starter

Is a screen protector necassary for the moment? I have a invisible shield on it and i feel like it doesn't let the AMOLED screen really shine. I want to remove it, but is it needed or is the screen scratch resistant?

Advertisement
  2. baddubbin

baddubbin Well-Known Member

I have never had a screen protector on my, purchased it at launch. No scratches on it yet, but I am careful and it lives in a holster, not my pocket.

If I was going to keep it in my pocket I would go with a screen protector. You might also want to try phantom skinz, I like how screens look better thru phantoms than invisi shields

3. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Me too. Got mine last November and never used a screen protector. Screen is flawless. My wife on the other hand, likes to throw hers in her purse where it must get very amorous with her car keys.

4. f1fanatic

f1fanatic Well-Known Member

I use my phone a lot and sometimes it just gets away from me. It's had only a couple of hard falls. But this is why I say the screen protectors are a good thing. They hold the tempered glass together in case of an impact and keep them from cracking on a drop. The fact they also protect from scratches is just an added benefit. Think about a clear acrylic protective film that's laid over a high dollar halogen headlight to keep them from breaking from a rock strike. Same principal. Just the other day I was sitting on the patio with a buddy having a brew after dinner. He had his Moment on his knee(no protector). It slipped off, fell on the ground and shattered the amoled screen. Not good. But I've accidentally dropped mine way harder. The Sony PSP one's are my favorite because they have the most clarity and are thick.

5. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

the answer is yes, as soon as you mar up the display. Ive always applied one to my smart phones and at some point on every one ill get a scratch on the protector and think about how glad i am i had it. There was a cable tech at the house yesterday with a droid, it was all scratched to hell and back and I said something about him being glad he had one on there. that phone would be totaled it he didnt.

6. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

I'll say what I say to everyone I sell one to. I'm not gonna tell you that you need it, but it definitely is better for a smart phone, even more a touch screen phone. It does help protect against things like sudden drops onto edges, or rocky grounds. Earrings can scratch up your phones screen too.