• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen protector?

-=Jeff=-

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2010
Bartlett, IL
So what are everyone's thoughts on screen protectors? I had one on my RAZR MAXX but don't any more. I currently have one on my 2012 nexus. What is the consensus? Yay or nay?

I have to order a case for my 2013 as it came today so it is sort of fitting in an older N7 case, but the camera is blocked, I just needed it protected.. I picked a case I think, just deciding on the protector or not

I used screen protectors on a phone once, for about a week... my feeling is that I buy my devices to use, not for resale value, so after trying a couple of protectors I decided I would avoid them and avoid the funky feel that screen protectors have. For my tablets a case that covers the screen has always done just fine, for phones keeping them in a different pocket than my keys has been enough.

Upvote 0
I don't think they're necessary anymore. Tablet and phone glass is made from Gorilla glass and other tough scratch resistant glass that really keeps the screen looking crystal clear. The screen protector, however, gets scratches. So it only robs you from enjoying your phone/tablet that much more. And the Nexus 7 2013 has the highest resolution screen of tablets out there right now! Enjoy it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones