• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen protectors - gorilla glass, is it enough?

hey im doing an update now that iv had the phone for a couple months. and i gotta say i love this screen. the gorilla glass is so strong and durable. and iv realized how many haters are out there spreading false information about these screens for whatever there reasons. but ill tell you all rite now to get a good case that covers the front of the phone for when not in use. and when you have the front of the screen exposed just be careful. but realistically its just your fingers touching the phone and the stylis. which is fine. but i gotta laugh about this cuz i seen some fool trying to say he scratched his screen with the stylis. * salesman * coughcough haha anyways I dont think it needs a screen protector and all that garbage. My phone is still flawless and im using the hell out of it!

Upvote 0
I've never used a screen protector.

Ditto.

around in my pocket, bare, for a year and half.

Ditto.

I was living in Arizona, so my screen saw plenty of sand.

Ditto.

The screen is still near-perfect.

Ditto.

I think it's a waste of money.

Ditto.

The screen is very, very tough.

Ditto.

When I first got it, I was upset that the store didn

Upvote 0
Didn't read through all the posts so don't know if it's been covered.. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof.. Turns out the case I've had on my phone has actually helped cause damage.. Sand and what not stuck under the edges and all around the outline of the case are tiny scratches.. Also notice a few on the screen from dropping it on the pavement (yes I can be rough on them) then again this is a phone that's in my pocket every day and going through it :) tablets and that should be fine without.. And actually the screen protectors scratch so easy and make it lol bad imho..

Upvote 0
The glass is pretty tough. If you habitually drop your phone, you have a lot more to worry about than scratches. I do find that a screen protector is usally more fingerprint and smudge resistant. Go to ebay, you can find them for about $1 to $3 each. The quality is good and it sure beats spending $30 and end up having a bubble underneath the protector.

Upvote 0
Had last phone with Gorilla glass 8 mo no protection...never saw a scratch and took it to beach all the time btw....but as mom said be safe rather than sorry. Whatever works for you....I happen to like the smooth feel of the glass and notice touching plastic...I think about those estrogen mimicking molecules in the plastic seeping into my fingertips and sapping my manhood...lmao!

Upvote 0
I have an HTC Desire Z for 18 months. I don't use a screen protector. I normally have it in my holster when I'm out. Otherwise, it is on a table beside me at home. I have had one incident where I failed to secure my phone properly in my car mount. It fell screen first onto the gear shift knob of my car. After that incident and 18 months of use, it has not a scratch on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones