• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen replacement

HellCat

Lurker
Dec 1, 2013
I'm trying to get into screen replacement, but I'm noticing that a lot of phones have the lcd and digitizer glued together making it difficult if not impossible to replace the digitizer alone. Is this typical of all phones, or just Android phones?

The reason I ask is there is a plethora of videos that tell you how to replace the screen but they never say anything about the lcd. I know there are other people making money replacing screens. I've checked on the prices for lcd+digitizer combos and they're horribly expensive; costing nearly as much as the phone itself. It doesn't seem like anyone would pay the cost of a new phone just to have an old one repaired. Hence my ultimate question: are there any phones for which you do not have to order the complete display assembly just to replace a broken digitizer?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones