• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Shuts off in the morning

Hi Ho

Jun 5, 2010
I use my phone as my alarm clock. Every night I put it on the charger and leave the night desk clock on. It stays on and doesnt shut off. In the morning the alarm goes off but Tue screen is blank. Pushing any button on the device puts the alarm in snooze mode. The only way I can make the alarm stop is to have the screen on and waiting for the alarm to sound so I can press the dismiss button. I'm pretty sure this started after I installed Brightness Profiles from the marketplace. I have since uninstalled that program but the problem persists. I have "Never sleep while charging" checked in the options but it makes no difference. There was a new development this morning. I was using the web browser this morning while plugged into the charger and the screen just shut off. I turned it back on with the power button and had to slide to unlock. The screen never shuts off in the car while charging. I have the timeout set to "Never".

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones