• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen will light up dim, computer will not recognize it

Hey there,

I hope to find some help here

So I have two units. The first one had a bad screen so I took it in and they gave me a new one, but I kept the old one. knowing it was only the screen and I would also use the battery.

The unit I have been using has been working for over a year but I wanted to wipe it bc it was getting slow. So I used the recovery in settings, it took a few times to go through, doing a few instant shut-downs... but it went to the boot screen with the colourful options and by then I didnt know what was going on. I pressed the re-boot option..... one of them, and now it wont work

The power LED wont come on, in a wall or the computer. Also the computer will not notice the device anymore....but now and then when I press power it will come on, a dim light in the screen, not the white screen i read about

Nothing has been working until I just took the battery out and put it back in, holding the volume down and the power....only to extended the dim light in the screen.

The extra phone I have still has working parts.
It would power on until I tried to replace the screen, succeeding in doing so, with a screen from Amazon and a cheap fix kit along with youtube.
But along the way, a small white clip broke and the connection is lost.... I think

but the other parts are still good.

Hope someone can help, would love for the phone to hold up until I can get a Z1 :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones