• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Script] Replace KingoRoot with SuperSU

I tried using different terminal apps and I'm on 7040N

I added some basic status text to the scripts, grab the latest version and let's see what it spits out.

If all goes well, you should see something like this after running the scripts.

step0.sh
Code:
Mounting /system r/w...
Copy SuperSU daemon...
Start SuperSU daemon...
If this finished without errors, uninstall KingRoot and install SuperSU.

step1.sh
Code:
Restoring SuperSU binary...
Cleaning up KingRoot leftovers that prevent SuperSU from updating...
1-2 errors are ok, 10+ are not. Run SuperSU and update binary normally if ok.

If you get anything different, take a screenshot of it and post it, or copy/paste the exact text, and I'll see what went wrong.

Reactions: jessica_snz
Upvote 0
this is what happened after step0.sh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-25-18-40-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-25-18-40-38.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 607
Upvote 0
Well, that's a new one. Text file busy says that daemonsu is currently running, and after the "If this finished without errors" line, I don't see you launched another script, so I'm not sure where that's coming from, it's not part of any of my scripts.

Let's step back. You currently have the KingUser app, plus the two other random related apps installed, right?. Do you also have SuperSU or any other superuser app installed? Did you try to install SuperSU after step0, before you uninstalled KingUser? It seems like two su's are fighting it out. Either way, we can nuke it all from orbit and just manually push SuperSU if things don't want to play nice.

Upvote 0
Was SuperSU installed when you tried to run step0? That'd probably cause those errors. If you've uninstalled SuperSU, you should be set to reboot and start fresh, with no daemonsu loaded. From there you should be able to just follow the steps, step0, use KingUser to revoke root, uninstall the other two king apps, install SuperSU from the play store, step1, and then run SuperSU - assuming no errors. If you get errors, screw it, we'll just do it manually and kill them both... :p Just leave a rooted terminal up.

Reactions: chanoc
Upvote 0
Have you rebooted since then? If not, the daemon was probably still loaded. Other than daemonsu already running, the first script didn't throw errors, so the rest should work fine. If rebooting still throws a daemonsu error in step0, we'll just manually kill the existing one and replace it with ours, and be on our way.

Upvote 0
Ignore that, typing a new answer... :p

(edit)
That should be less of a problem then. Is system still writeable? We're going to skip step0, since that's just there to make system writeable and let SuperSU's daemon stay running. If you've rebooted or aren't sure if system is writeable, get a root shell and just type:
Code:
mount -w -o remount /system

Keep the terminal open, and pretend like you just finished step0. Open KingUser, go to settings, and uncheck options then revoke root privs. Ignore SuperSU for now, go back to the terminal, and run step1. If it's mostly successful, open SuperSU and see if it can update now. If it can't, try running step0 one last time, then trying SuperSU. If that still fails, we'll install it manually.

If you're curious about what's going on and why this is a pain for you, it's because KingRoot doesn't like SuperSU and is fighting it. This is why we normally wouldn't install SuperSU until after KingRoot is gone, but it's not the end of the world, just something the script doesn't account for. As long as that root shell is open, you could completely remove SuperSU, KingRoot, and all su binaries and still get root back fairly easily - I goofed when experimenting and did this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones