• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Scrutinizing Screen Protectors

rickaltman

Apr 13, 2010
My Galaxy Note 8 is on its fourth Zagg InvisibleShield, the first three having developed cracks with no drops or blunt force applied to them. They carry lifetime warranties, so I am entitled to new ones...after I order them...and wait two weeks...and then visit the nearest Verizon store because I don't dare try to attach them myself.

And now the fourth one has developed a crack.

I can't imagine that whatever caused these Zaggs to crack would have caused damage to an unprotected screen so this is starting to beg the question for me: Are screen shields worth it?

I paid many hundreds of dollars for my Note 8 and I don't mind investing a bit more to protect its screen, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. What do others think? How many of you go commando with your screens? Are there others getting frustrated with the Zagg shields? Are there products I should consider using instead? Or maybe I really can go without anything on these glass screens that are said to be indestructible.

All comments welcome...

For what it's worth, I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions from other members, however, I don't even use a screen protector, sort of, This is usually an unpopular choice but I use the nano liquid screen protector coupled with S-view flip cover. No scratches or nicks on screen, but the glossy outside of the flip cover does scratch quite easily which flaws the appearance only.

Upvote 0
I think they are worth it, provided you have a good one that works, especially if you also use a case.

Mine worked fine with a larger case, but once I chose the thin case, it made the screen protector lift.

Since I really wanted to use the thin case I removed the screen protector. Now I have a scratch on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones