• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card/Camera

cawala

Lurker
Mar 15, 2015
I went to transfer all of my photos from my phone to my computer. As the computer was loading my photos from the SD card it stopped working. Now both my phone and computer do not seem to recognize the SD card and none of the photos show up on my phone. I went to Verizon and the guy said SD Card doesn't work and when that happens it erases itself.

Are all of my photos gone or is there something I can do?

I just got back from vacation on Friday and took about 400 photos on my phone. I would really hate to lose all of them.

I had this happen but somehow recovered the SD card by reformatting it on my PC using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. Windows didn't see the card but this program must have. I then reformatted to FAT32 and the card was usable. I had lost my data but had backups. If you find your only option is to reformat you could try Recuva to see if you can retrieve any photos. The S4 is unfortunately notorious for screwing up sd cards.

Best of luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones