SD Card checking for errors at boot?

Last Updated:

1. aznknightz17

aznknightz17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LIke title said, Whenever I turned on my phone, it said "Preparing Internal SD Card" at every reboot/boot. Any1 else having this problem? or its normal.

Advertisement
  2. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

Which SD card, the one that came with the phone or one you purchased separately? Also what size is it? What class is it?

Try formatting it on Windows, and if you can't try getting a GPARTED live CD to destroy the partition and recreate it, then format it. Let me know if you need any additional help with this.

3. aznknightz17

Its Kingston 8GB SDHC Class 4. I formated on Gparted successfully. Put it in, and BH2 always "Preparing SD" every time my phone boot up. However if I put in the original 2GB from samsung. It doesnt do that. Faulty SD?

4. megabiteg

What ROM do you have running on your Phone?

Did you format using GPARTED for APP2SD? or Just regular partition (FAT32)?

5. aznknightz17

Using Galaxy 1.6 R6 from. Gparted for App2SD. Fat32 and Ext2. But even if it was just one partition, Fat32, it still "Preparing internal SD" at every boot up. Does that happened to yours?

6. megabiteg

Like you did all the process in GPARTED, try formatting the FAT32 partition in windows just in case.

7. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Mine does this as well... I think it's due to the settings.apk

I'll know more once I get time to smali it and look at the setting for it. Might be the internal mem settings doing this.

8. ossomepossum

ossomepossum New Member

Yes, I have this problem. I start up my droid and on the taskbar is an icon that reads "Preparing SD Card. Checking For Errors" it's continuous and doesn't go away.
    I looked at my SD Card setting and apparently it doesn't sense it (must be damaged)
    Had the phone for a week, nice product...

The main problem is that the phone only works for a couple minutes, then I get a blank black screen (sometimes with just the taskbar) sometimes just black. And pushing buttons doesn't help. I always have take the battery out then restart (if i want to use it for 2 minutes).

This problem started when I tried to hook up the USB my my macbook pro, and put music in a folder I created.

Anybody have any suggestions?

9. Tylerc66

Tylerc66 Member

Once I formated the SD card in fat32 format on my computer it worked fine.