• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card checking for errors at boot?

LIke title said, Whenever I turned on my phone, it said "Preparing Internal SD Card" at every reboot/boot. Any1 else having this problem? or its normal.

Which SD card, the one that came with the phone or one you purchased separately? Also what size is it? What class is it?

Try formatting it on Windows, and if you can't try getting a GPARTED live CD to destroy the partition and recreate it, then format it. Let me know if you need any additional help with this.

Upvote 0
Which SD card, the one that came with the phone or one you purchased separately? Also what size is it? What class is it?

Try formatting it on Windows, and if you can't try getting a GPARTED live CD to destroy the partition and recreate it, then format it. Let me know if you need any additional help with this.

Its Kingston 8GB SDHC Class 4. I formated on Gparted successfully. Put it in, and BH2 always "Preparing SD" every time my phone boot up. However if I put in the original 2GB from samsung. It doesnt do that. Faulty SD?

Upvote 0
Its Kingston 8GB SDHC Class 4. I formated on Gparted successfully. Put it in, and BH2 always "Preparing SD" every time my phone boot up. However if I put in the original 2GB from samsung. It doesnt do that. Faulty SD?

What ROM do you have running on your Phone?

Did you format using GPARTED for APP2SD? or Just regular partition (FAT32)?

Upvote 0
Yes, I have this problem. I start up my droid and on the taskbar is an icon that reads "Preparing SD Card. Checking For Errors" it's continuous and doesn't go away.
I looked at my SD Card setting and apparently it doesn't sense it (must be damaged)
Had the phone for a week, nice product...

The main problem is that the phone only works for a couple minutes, then I get a blank black screen (sometimes with just the taskbar) sometimes just black. And pushing buttons doesn't help. I always have take the battery out then restart (if i want to use it for 2 minutes).

This problem started when I tried to hook up the USB my my macbook pro, and put music in a folder I created.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones