• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card Damaged

Dear Users,

I had the same problem, the sd card was full of data/pics/even applications. This morning I started seeing this problem and my Sd card was unavailable. I removed the sd card from my cell phone and inserted it in Galaxy S of my brother. Then i browsed to the files on my sd card. Unmounted from Galaxy S and inserted it back into my HTC Desire HD. Used a free software called SDrescan available in market. Now the error was gone. Now I can access my SD with all the files in it.

-Kimtiaz

Upvote 0
I've never seen a manufacturer like it in my life, I had problem with their hardware and software in America as far back as 2000, and twelve years later they still make the same things NOT HAPPEN!

Scan Disk should be looked into as a business because they sell spurious goods worldwide without question and in my case I lost all of my contacts, which I need as I am disabled, and all of my calendar, appointments, noteworthy dates etc., and all HTC could tell me was that "it's either the SD card or the phone mate!"

o2 on the other hand only wanted to know if I have chosen the option of receiving special promotions so I hung up on the Muppet on the other end of the line as he was of absolutely no use to me whatsoever!!

I have my own solution..... I got the contacts back, the numbers came back and the music and calendar, now I'm working on the photographs, downloads and videos...... I'll let you know what I did in due course.......
Alex

Upvote 0
Actually my Dseire came with a SanDisk card but that died a couple months back and it wasn't more than a year old. I had problems with every manufacturer' card I tried, my current Kingston is pretty good though.

I don't think the technology itself is poor. I have a 6 or 7 years old USB stick, that still works fine and better than any new one (except for the capacity of course). If it would follow the current trends it would have died about 5 years ago. So I think they can produce these in great quality but that's not cheap so less people would buy it and they cards or sticks would even last longer. That's not really their interest.

Upvote 0
I own a HTC DESIRE X . I bought a simple 2 gb card !! It worked fine but after some time it started showing damaged !,
I bought a 4 class 8 gb Kingston micro sd card and it worked fine but now . Its even worse than before ! I try mounting and putting the card until it works ! If even it works , its only for a min or 2 . And now my network signals also go off ! Just try reconecting it ! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones