• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sd card error

aponymous

Lurker
Jul 2, 2013
I keep getting an error that says
"SD card unexpectedly removed."

I've rebooted to let the card go through its initial scan process and still get the same error message.
The message comes up at random times.

I've also used the card in my laptop with no problems.

I keep getting an error that says
"SD card unexpectedly removed."

I've rebooted to let the card go through its initial scan process and still get the same error message.
The message comes up at random times.

I've also used the card in my laptop with no problems.

Hello and welcome, aponymous. Is the sd card a large sandisk? We're seeing reports of intermittent issues with 64GB and a few with 32GB versions... but mostly with the 64.

It can be a pain, but to reformat and start over with the card can sometimes remedy off and on issues such as you describe.

But I'd go ahead and grab a new card, high quality medium size. 16 to 32 GB. I'd also think back and test (with the card you're now having trouble with) the card for those issues cropping up immediately after using it in the laptop.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying.

The card I have is a Sandisk 32GB Micro SDHC.

For about 2 yrs before I got the LG Escape I used the card in my GPS and Laptop. Then about 4 months ago when I got the Escape I used the card only in the phone. Then today I started to get this error message. I used it in my laptop today just to see if it was the card itself and had no problems.

The card has only music that I connect to my car via bluetooth and that's all its used for.

I'll reformat the card tonight when I get home and update this thread.

Thanks again.

Reactions: hackerandrew
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones