• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD Card issue after wiping dalvik cache

XXXdc5

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
OK so apparently I messed up -____-

I wiped the dalvik cache as i was about to flash virtuous 3.2 (it said somewhere on their page that it could help or something) and when the phone restarted the SD card wont mount. It just keeps saying SD card unexpectedly removed.

how do i fix this?

I already went to recovery and tried to restore my nandroid backup from before all of this but the problem persists.

should i factory reset THEN nandroid restore? Anyone have better ideas?

HALP!!

^^ sorry I left out ROM status. I'm on stock ROM I was just preparing to try out some others. Basically my SD card is dead. Somehow after wiping dalvik cache and rebooting something was corrupted on my Sd because it wont stay mounted, and I can't do anything with it on my computer. Can't delete or modify anything, and when I tried to remove some files it drags on very slowly when they transfer to my computer. It wont even let me reformat.

Also, I do have a backup but both times at the end of the restore it said error sd wont mount. I managed to remove the backup from my sd and put it on my computer tho...that took an hour just to transfer.

Upvote 0
Sounds like your card picked that moment to become corrupted. Did you have enough room on it for the nandroid? It won't tell you if it runs out of space while making the backup, and you end up thinking you have a good nandroid when you don't. Or so I've heard.

Maybe it could be reformatted on the desktop with a card reader? Or perhaps you tried that.

Upvote 0
The nandroid is from a while ago I've successfully used it too after testing CM. The problem was directlyafter the wipe, that's all that was done. Everything since has been to try and fix my issue :( my card is a 16gb and there was ~10gb free so thats not it either :/ basically something within the time it took me to wipe dalvik and reboot caused the problem. Yeah I tried to reformat on my computer with a card reader thats what I meant above. I couldn't even get it to mount long enough to try it on my phone

Upvote 0
yeah right after I did that the card stopped working. It's the only thing i can think of. Don't know how...but yeah. I sent my card back to Transcend. they have awesome lifetime warranty replacement and i was able to save another copy of my nandroid but as soon as i took out the damaged card and put in another one everything was back to normal....sooooooo.... yeah FML

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones