• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card problem gt-i5500

First of all I wanna say hello, for i am first time user (got my android yesterday). My problem seems to be that my phone don't want to recognize my SD card, which is naturally the original 1GB sandisk. I tried formatting it in several different ways, but alas the result is pretty much the same. The phone just don't wanna read the card. I tried inserting it in several different ways, tried the phone setting, but of course it said that there is NOT a SD card presently inserted in the device! It works perfectly on my computer, that's why i'm little worried it might be a hardware issue. I have not yet tried connecting another card, though i fear the result wouldn't be much different. Want to thank you in advance and i hope i could get an adequate suggestion. Cheers...
Forgot to mention i did not buy the phone myself, and it was handed to me with a factory reset (by the phone, not manually via the console)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones