• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card Question

prj

Android Enthusiast
May 26, 2010
I have a 32 gb Samsung Class 10 sd card. Twice now I have lost my data on it and a weird folder structure gets written to the card. Anyone have any idea what these "u" folders are and why it keeps happening?

Screenshot_2014-05-13-07-37-591_zpsa4215547.png

Have a look through this thread:

Strange Folder Names in MicroSD Card - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Some ideas on there.

But for some reason some people do have issues with S3s destroying sd cards. Never had it happen myself and I know sandisk also had an issue with a poor batch which they were refunding on.
Some people say only use a Samsung card; but I have a 64gb sandisk in mine with no issues what so ever.

Upvote 0
Read through those links, but not convinced the phone is the problem. Before this new 32gb SDHC Class 10 card I had a an 8gb class 4 card and never had problems with it.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the size. Maybe it doesn't like cards beyond 16gb?

Upvote 0
Dear 'Fishen Fool'... fishin' for wat? No I really want to know.

btw... I just installed my first 32GB sd card in my SIII. It came from Sandisk. I hope any movie downloads go to it... and not to my phone,,,, what would you call it.... the phones Harddrive?

Mainly I fish for whatever is biting, but my favorite fish to catch is trout. Movie downloads should go to the external SD card if you set the options correctly in the app used for downloading.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones